On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 12:44 PM <markfi...@arcor.de> wrote:

> > I would suggest posting this to the Perl 5 Porters list; it’s probably
> > the best venue to get an answer to your question.
> >
> > https://lists.perl.org/list/perl5-porters.html
>
> Thanks for the hint although the description "people interested in Perl5
> core development" and the currently discussed topics do not give me the
> impression that I am better off there.
>
> I'll try it there if there's no alternative.
>
> Mark
>
> --

All ports (including Activestate's) originally go through the arena
controlled by group.   You are claiming that by restricting you in certain
ways  Activestate is interfering with rights you should have inherited from
the core licensing of Perl.  That is why it is a logical group to address
such issues -- those folks would be on top of such legal twists and know
whether Activestate has a leg to stand on or not.
    However what IS relevant to this group is that although Activestate
used to be the  "only game in town" for native Windows that has not been
the case for many years.  If your application will run under something like
Strawberry Perl then you could dodge that bullet completely.