Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <tdtemc...@gmail.com> writes:

> If I want to learn Perl programming language from scratch having
> totally no knowledge of it, how long (in terms of months or years)
> would it take before I can confidently and proficiently modify
> Virtualmin and Webmin code?

Learning how to program in Perl is easy, it is like Basic or C or any
procedural language. There is no major trick, especially because it is
very flexible so iot will adapt to many style of programming.

But because iof it'sd flexibility, it can also be challenging to read
the coded written by another programmer, because they can have use a
syntax that you are not familiar with: Perl can be straight forward,
verbose and readable or can be short, compressed and very obscure.

Programmning is easy, modifying someone else code, not that much.

Good luck,

Olivier