Hi!

Just to add my 5 cents.

Theoretically speaking, it is still possible. For example, I've been contacted once about such position recently.

Practically speaking, if you're good developer there is a lot of language agnostic positions.

For the last 12 month I passed the interviews and successfully worked as go and java developer in international companies, so the fact that I programmed with Perl for 10+ years was not a blocker for my employers.

--

Best regards, Ilia.