I'm having a cgi script administer a web site, and would now like to add
the possibility to change html file names via the script. This might also
involve moving the file to a different directory.
Assuming that other files will link to said file, I'd then have to update
links as well.
So I'm currently thinking about how internal site links can be updated
automatically when a file is moved.

Does anyone know of a perl script that does something like that, or of an
approach I could use?
I could open all files of the site, check whether they contain a link to
$old_file_name and replace it with $new_file_name, but most links are
relative, and ... well, before I think further along that path, has anyone
else?

Thanks in advance,

Birgit Kellner