i had the same problem, go to your httpd.conf and you'll see

<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/os_allcommerce"> AllowOverride all
Options Includes FollowSymlinks ExecCGI Allow from all </Directory>

or similar but the execcgi is the option that allows you to exec cgi scpits on
the directory you are. i hope this helps you. cheers