Hi All,

I am writing a modperl webapp (the new web interface for the RipeNCC whois
database server) and I have need to store some data to a file.
Nothing heavy, just a few one liners like user query strings, screen used,
server process time and a few others to do some analysis work on potential
bottlenecks and whois query trends.

The page will take about 5 hits a second when put into production. Since its
modperl, this means multiple instances of page will be running concurrently on
the webserver.

Now the question:

Will I need to use File::Flock to avoid write problems by simultaneous writes to
the one file by concurrent instantiantions of application?

Has anyone with modperl coding experience under their belt done something like
this? If so, what do I need to watch out for, and what good practices should I
be aware of.

All help is gratefully appreciated.

Andy