On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan wrote:

> On Nov 21, Pinar 2 said:
>
> >syntax error at ./shopdiff.pl line 5, near "++ for "
> >Execution of ./shopdiff.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
>
> You're using an older version of Perl.  Do:

> instead.

Thanks that worked. It didn't give me differences though, it gave me the
common list items. Perhaps the unique to sub will give the differences but
I can't get that one working either.

I am using:
This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris

is this old? I thought this was the latest available.

thanks Japhy!
Pinar