On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Daniel Falkenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote,

> Hey all,
>
> [Config File]
> Linux Passwd File             = /etc/passwd
> New File                              = /home/test
> Old File                        = /home/test
> Company Name                  = Company Name
> Company URL                   = http://www.servername.com
>
> Above is a config file I just created.  I want perl to be able to read
> all the valus of this file into a hash.  Now I can do this no problem
> with the following code...

Do you want just to have your config file parsed, or do you want to learn
about regex for parsing config file.

If you want the former, there's a plenty of modules at CPAN that do just
that.  If you want the latter, well get one of those modules you like and
study the code.

san
--
Trabas - http://www.trabas.com