From: Michael Fowler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 10:24:24AM -0600, Kanchana Weerasinghe wrote:
> > I have a problem using Mail::Mailer with a Bcc in the header....the
> > recipient (To) can see the Bcc field in the email header.
>
> This is a problem with your MTA (mail transport agent; e.g. sendmail,
> postfix, qmail, etc.), i.e. $server.  It's the MTA's job to remove the
> header, not Mail::Mailer's.

I don't think so. AFAIK SMPT servers only add a few lines (routing
info) to the headers. Other than that they are not interested in the
headers at all (except maybe checking the headers length to
prevent infinite looping).

Your script/module should NOT SEND the Bcc: header at all.
It should only use the addresses from the Bcc: parameter during
the SMTP conversation:

        mail from: <...>
        rcpt to: <...>
        rcpt to: <...>

I think if you used "sendmail" as the type than it would strip the
Bcc: header while parsing it for the addresses to send the mail to,
but if you use SMTP then it's the script/module's task.

I think you'll have to contact the Mail::Mailer's author (or fix this
yourself).

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
                                        --- me