On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Dean Theophilou wrote:

>       I'm using Perl to set a password and a coworker of mine is using
> VB to call my program.  The problem is that the person who will end op
> running the VB program does not have access to the directory where
> passwords are stored.  So, I figured, I'll use Perl to do the job,
> since I can easily impersonate a user with the AdminMisc module.
>
>         What we want is for the VB program to set a variable based on
> the results of the Perl program.  Something like this (using Perl
> syntax):
>
> $VBtextstring = "RunPerlToGetNewPassword.exe";

Yes, again, your Visual Basic code will need to execute an external
program and capture the STDOUT and/or STDERR of the external program.  I'm
afraid I can't help you on hte VB side of things -- I don't know what
facilities it has for executing external programs.  I think your question
is more appropriate for a VB list, not a Perl list.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/