You might want to check the permissions of those files.

The command works fine here.
But I guess the mistake is that you're working on Windows, and there you have
a back-slash ( \ ) instead of a slash ( / ).
Try this:

my ($_path) = "c:\EventLogs";
unlink <$_path/*> if -r $_path;

This should work.
-tir

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Jorge Goncalvez wrote:

> I tried :
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> my ($_path) = "c:/EventLogs/";
> unlink <$_path/*> if -r $_path;
>
> But it still not working, I have 2 files under the directory when I run this
> script they are always here?
>
> Thanks.

> --

 Tirthankar, IGIDR.
 +91-22-8400919 x275 (r), x593(o), x(542),
 +91-22-8421206 (r)
 http://www.igidr.ac.in/~tir

        He is not here; but far away
           The noise of life begins again,
           And ghastly thro' the drizzling rain
        On the bald street breaks the blank day.
-Tennyson, Lord Alfred. (In Memoriam A.H.H).