I am a beginning perl developer and am a little confused I was wondering if
anyone out there can give me some direction.

My situation is as follows I have a command that generates the a log file
with the following information I then need to parse through the page and
check to see if

TK_DISP_RUNSTATE is anything other then running or TK_END_TIME is not null.
the issue that I am confused is how do I compare the information when label
is on one line and the value is on the next.   The size to the columns is
fixed if there is no data in there then it will be filled with spaces.

my script need to do this:
1. call the function to generate the log file---done that
2. Read through and file and check for values----Lost
3. If TK_DISP_RUNSTATE is anything other then running or TK_END_TIME is not
null send out and email to page myself that the process is running--- Little
help here would be nice but I think I got this down

If anyone has done something similar to this I would appreciate some help.
I am sure it is a simple task but I an inexperience and somewhat confused.

Thank you
Lance

Siebel Enterprise Applications Siebel Server Manager, Version 6.2.1 [10232]
ENU
Copyright (c) Siebel Systems, Inc. 1995-1998.

This software is the property of Siebel Systems, Inc., 1855 South Grant
Street,
San Mateo, CA 94402-2667.
User warrants that any use of this software is governed by the terms and
conditions of the Siebel Systems Software License and Services Agreement
which
has been executed and with which the user agrees to comply.

UNAUTHORIZED POSSESSION, DISCLOSURE OR USE OF THIS SOFTWARE OR THE
INFORMATION
CONTAINED HEREIN IS PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL AND STATE LAW.

If you have received this software in error, please notify us by telephone
immediately at (650) 295-5000.

Type "help" for list of commands, "help <topic>" for detailed help

srvrmgr:CHK_SBL_DEV> list tasks for server CHK_SBL_DEV component Workflow
Monitor Agent

SV_NAME      CC_ALIAS  TK_TASKID  TK_PID  TK_DISP_RUNSTATE  CC_RUNMODE
TK_START_TIME        TK_END_TIME
CHK_SBL_DEV  WorkMon   59458      647     Running           Background
12/06/2001 17:13:11

1 row returned.

srvrmgr:CHK_SBL_DEV>