I'm not sure if perl is best suited for this project - but I bet it is!  I
need to call a server (perhaps via lynx?) in a cron'd script and then time
how long it takes for the page to load.

The reason is that sometimes the remote server stops loading pages due to
some unknown problem (this is nt4.0, mind you).  while we try to figure it
out, i need to be alerted via email when it hasn't finished loading the page
in say, 20 seconds - because the server needs to be restarted.

any input on how to approach this little project is appreciated!

thanks,

rory