--- "Kiarash Em." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> mySQL vs postgreSQL?!?!
>
> check this out
>
> http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000705.php3?page=1
>
> ;)

While we're on the subject of databases, my company is considering switching from MS
SQL Server.
We absolutely need transactions, so MySQL is out of the question.  However, while I
was intrigued
by Postgres, I told the CTO that I would not endorse it unless I can see empirical (not
anecdotal!) evidence that it can support what we need.  He pointed out that, by my
logic, I can't
endorse MS SQL Server because their license *specifically forbids* publishing
benchmarks of their
database if you accept their licesnse agreement.  Hmmm....

And yes, we build our Web sites with Perl, so this is kind of on-topic, right? :)

Cheers,
Curtis "Ovid" Poe
--

=====