On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:57:25 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Juan Amore)
wrote:

>Hello Perl Gurus,
>
>Do's anyone have any examples as to how to send a
>email reply back to my HTML if someone selects the
>my email value;ie ($form_name, $email) = split (/=/, $fields[1]) on my
> HTML form and if not to send a Thankyou.
>
># Get the submitted data
>$content_length = $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'};
>
># Read user data into script variables
>read (STDIN, $form_data, $content_length);
>
>$form_data =~ s/%([\dA-Fa-f][\dA-Fa-f])/pack ("C",hex ($1))/eg;

Well since you are happy using a "roll-your-own" readparse
routine, I won't feel bad telling you to go to:

# Source URL:     http://www.codebrain.com/perl
# Script Title:   Alpha E-Mailer w/ Autoresponder
# Script Name:    AlphaMail.pl

It uses your above routine, and does what you ask.

Most users here will tell you to get a script that
uses CGI.pm. There are alot of mail responders out there.

You could modify it to use CGI.pm to do the readparse,
and even dynamically output the thank you pages.