On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 10:43:54AM -0800, James Kelty wrote:
> Well, I thought of that earlier, but I also thought that I was not
> guaranteed that the order of an array was unreliable, so I may not actually
> be getting the 'last' of the file. True or untrue ?

Arrays are ordered, they must be, that is their purpose; they provide
ordered access to a sequence of values.  You are probably confusing them
with hashes, which are occasionally called "associative arrays".  The
ordering of a hash should be thought of as random.  It's not, really, but
it's safest to assume as much.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net