I'm just starting to learn PERL and loving it. I am looking at some scripts
to see how they're written, and I had a question about script "flow".

The script I'm looking at has a lot of subroutines in it. Am I correct in
assuming that when a PERL CGI script runs, execution starts at the beginning
of the script and "flows around" the subroutines or are they also executed
"inline" as well as when called in the main code? This may seem like a dumb
question, but I've made assumptions before and gotten bitten by them...

Thank you.