> This is my normal structure for a hash array, but I
> was wondering if it was possible to have multiple
> values for a key? I.e.
>
> %hash('james' => '1',
>       'james' => '2',
>       'kelty' => '3',
>       'biran' => '4');

No, a hash is a 1 to 1 relationship between key and value.
However, by using an anonymous array as the value you can
accomodate several values.

E.g.

%hash('james' => ['1', '2'],
      'kelty' => '3',
      'biran' => '4');

When accessing the keys you check for an array ref, if so
you have multiple values.  More memory and you can just
create each value as an array.

Jonathan Paton