I am developing a script that is being used in a data
warehousing environment on an NT server. I am logging
the script's activity (log & err) in files under a
folder specific to each multidimensional cube that is
processed. Multiple instances of this script can be
running concurrently because I process numerous
different cubes.I have opened my log file as follows:

use strict;
use warnings;
# path & name of $stdout & $stderr constructed
use IO::File;
my $stdout_fh = IO::File->new( "> $stdout" );
my $stderr_fh = IO::File->new( "> $stderr" );

Later on in the script I use the "system" command to
run a batch file of Cognos commands I have generated
on the fly to "do a bunch of stuff" to the Cognos
application hosting these cubes. I want all the
activity being performed by the batch file of Cognos
commands to be logged in my cube specific file I have
open. But now, it goes to STDOUT - which is the screen
because I have not redirected it. How do I get STDOUT
to append (>>) to the file I am writing to with "print
$stdout_fh".

Thanks - rwb