Hello out there!
        I am currently trying to piece together a personal site for myself using
Perl, MySQL, and Apache (alas, no mod_perl yet). I would like to seamlessly
deliver content to both HTML and WML browsers, perhaps even going as far as
deploying SOAP or XML-RPC as well (the difference, anyone?) for more
traditional fat clients I might have down the road.

        In essence, I am wondering what is the best model to emulate when I start
putting together these apps? I have heard that the XSLT/XML method using
[CGI] scripts to route requests, while much ballyhooed, can be a pain to
implement because of XSLT. I am also wondering how one can handle the myriad
of WAP/WML browsers out there, but perhaps that is a question for another
list.

Any recommendations???

Thanks!
DTS