--On Sonntag, 06. Jänner 2002 22:48 -0500 "Michael R. Wolf"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Which is why many folks use a parser rather than regular
> expressions for this.  The parsers take care of the special
> cases that are very, very, very (read the history of this
> group) difficult to get around with RE's.  Trying to do a
> full-blown RE to get all the special cases would be like
> trying to herd cats.  Don't try it but for the very simple
> cases.

I know, but the problem is that HTML::Parser only works with *files*. You
have to pass a filename to it.
I want to perform this routine on hash values inside a perl script, without
having to write them to a file.
Do you know of any parser that works without files?

Birgit Kellner