From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 4:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CGI vs. Servlet technologies

Servlets are more scalable than CGIs and that is what is one of the biggest
advantages!

A Servlet is instantiated for the first request and any subsequent requests
to the same servlet spawns a separate thread, whereas CGIs are costly and
had to be instantiated afresh for every fresh request. This way CGIs are
more prone to bottlenecks and timeouts than Servlets.

-- Rex