Ahmed Moustafa wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My data structure is a hash of a hash of an array. I build it from an
> input file by the following code. Could you help me write it back to an
> output file, please?
>
> # Code Begins
> %data = ( );
> open (IN, "in.txt") || die;
> while (<IN>) {
>   chop;
>   ($user_name, $file_name, $modified_by, $last_modified) = split ( " ",
> $_ );
>   $data{$user_name}{$file_name} = [$modified_by, $last_modified];
> }
> close (IN);
> # Code Ends

the hash hasn't got arrays but arrayrefs in it, here are some ways to
reach the values:

my $scalar = $data{user}{file1}->[0]; # get value 0 in the file1 array
my @array = @{$data{user}{file1}}; # dereferens the array and put it in
@array
my $array_ptr = $data{user}{file1}; # get the arrayref and reach the
values by $array_ptr->[nbr]

/Jon