[[a private correspondant]] writes:

[ references to my suggested code format change elided...]

> Just want to thank you for saying it.

You're welcome.  I share what took me years to learn.

> Have grabbed large scripts out there to maybe use some or
> all, and sometimes first have to reformat the whole thing,
> donno how they could tell what they were doing.


I've realized lately (past few years) that programming
languages have less and less to do with computers
(electronics, silicon, registers) and more to do with human
thought.  We didn't develop OO programming to help
computers, we did it to help our brains.  Programming is
less about computers and more about thought.

    OO is a tool.
    Indention is a tool.
    Colorifying editors are a tool.
    Useful variable names are a tool.

Even on a clear day, I've only got a few inches of gray
matter.  I use all the tools I can get.

-- 
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- 
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to