I'm not sure I really understand what you're after, i get the feeling
you're normaly using windows. If you set the mod to 755 (rwxrxrx) the
perlscript will be executable, there's no need t compile it with perlcc.

If it's speed you're after, you should use mod_perl instead
(perl.apache.org) as this is fully compareable with c.

If it's security you're after, ie you don't want people to read the code
since it contains passwords, such as my ($db_user, $db_pass) = ('foo',
'bar'); this is the wrong approach as it's fulle possible to get the
codes, what you need then is crypto what you want
(http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=crypt)

Or did i totaly misunderstand you?

Also, please do NOT crosspost.

/Jon