From: Rohesia Hamilton Metcalfe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 January 2002 19:08
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Using SMPT on Windows NT

Hello,

Thanks to Eric and Christopher, who pointed out the bit of my
form-processing script that doesn't
carry over to Windows NT (from UNIX, where it is working fine) -- following
my post yesterday.

And apologies to all for what I realize was a too-long post.

However, I am still in the dark as to HOW much needs changing.

The reference, which I know is wrong for the NT server the script will be
moving to, is to a
sendmail program, like so:

$emailProgram   = "| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t";

I tried changing this to:

$emailProgram   = "| /usr/sbin/SMPT -oi -t";

.....just in case this would do it (as I was told I'd have to "genericize"
the script to use SMPT),
but it didn't. Christopher tells me NT probably doesn't understand the / /
way of describing
directory structures either.

Is there somewhere I can go to find out how different a script needs to be
for Windows NT than for
a UNIX server? Or how to write to use SMPT instead of sendmail? (I don't
know anything about
different mail systems). I'm hoping it's no more difficult than finding the
right path to SMPT
(and then everything will work?) but perhaps "genericize" means much more
than that?

Many many thanks if anyone can point me in a bit more of the right
direction,

Rohesia

=====
Rohesia Hamilton Metcalfe

This E-mail is confidential.  It should not be read, copied, disclosed or
used by any person other than the intended recipient.  Unauthorised use,
disclosure or copying by whatever medium is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error please contact the
sender immediately and delete the E-mail from your system.