ok, looking through the archive - all the way down the 18000 posts, I have
worked out that LWP is my friend. However, I have also found that the docs
are rather sparse, and not very helpful. My task, is to create a client to
access a website that uses cookies for session management, and be able to
"GET" and "POST" data to the scripts running on the server-side (php)

So, what I need help with, is:
- Connecting to the server
- Logging in (form based) and retrieving the cookie
- Using the resultant page to find the link (they change) to the page
required - I should be able to do that myself, once I have the page
downloaded
- Uploading the cookie whenever it is requested by the server
- Sending data via the GET and POST methods

Any help would be VERY much appreciated. Perl is my preferred language for
this, as I will be able to then implement a CGI version etc. easily. I am
very much a newcomer, though, and as such, I know nothing of the LWP
module..

Thanks, Daniel