Darryl Schnell wrote:

> This may not be the place to ask this question so forgive me. I know a few people
>who are obsessed with the way their perl code is formatted and I was wondering what
>does actual good readable perl  code and bad formatted perl code look like?
>
> I usually have my code looking something like this:
>
> (Note not a real program just my formatting style).
>
> if ($action eq "Submit") {
>   $value =1;
>   $value =2;
>   if ($testus = "2") {
>     $testus = 6;
>   }
> }
>
> Would the above code be considered poorly formatted?

i think that was nicely formatted code. i usually put { on the next line
becouse i find it easier to see where the scope is:

if ($action eq "Submit")
{
    $value = 1;
    $value = 2;
    if ($testus = "2")
    {
        $testus = 6;

but i think what you wrote can be considered following some kind of
codestandard pretty widely adepted.

/Jon