Hi Morgan,

You could

read each line of your text file split each line on whitespace into a
bunch of variable ($username, $junk, $password, $address) = split;

split $address on @ to get the domain name ($user, $domain) = split('@');

read all this into a domain hash keyed by the user name
$domain{$user} = all this stuff...

now you'll have a bunch of hashes with the details you want just make the
directories and files and write each hash out

You'll have to read on split(), open(), mkdir() and a little on data
structures to get it sorted...

Hope this helps,
deen

On 25 Jan 2002, Morgan Norell wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need help with this:
>
> I have a text file looking like this
>
> username || password          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> username || password          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> username || password          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I need a perl program who makes a file of each domainX.com in a
> separate directory and the program will also
> write every username and mailaddess to the file with the same name.
> The files should have this format.
>
> username      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> username      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Can anyone give me some hints how to do this I'am totaly lost.
>

> Morgan.

Deen Hameedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>