Hello all,
  I'm really lost, I'm trying to create a cookie that can acquire the
session id for the user, (so I can ensure that they did or did not
submit and entry). However, I'm not sure I'm doing it right (and it
doesn't work). Can you look below and tell me what I did wrong.

Called directly from another html doc.
>>#!/usr/bin/perl
>>My ($custid,$C_id);
>>$C_id = cookie(-name => "Id",-value => "$id",-path => "/cgi-bin");

>>Print header(-cookie => $C_id);
>>Print "<html>\n";
>>Print "<body>\n";
>>Print "<form action='http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/tulip.cgi'
method='post'>\n";
>>Print "<input type='submit' value='submit'>\n";
>>Print "</form>\n";
>>Print "</body>\n";
>>Print "</html>\n";

>>Exit;

Tulip.cgi
>>#!/usr/bin/perl
>>My($custid,$C_id);
>>$custid = cookie('Id');
>>Print "<html>\n";
>>Print "<body>\n";
>>Print "<h2>It Worked!</h2>\n";
>>Print "Customer ID: $custid\n";
>>Print "</form>\n";
>>Print "</body>\n";
>>Print "</html>\n";

>>Exit;

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Does CGI.pm come with Perl
5.0.0.4? Do I need to download it and install it?

Thank you,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman MCP, CNA, A+, MOUS MI
Network Systems Administrator
Career Academy MIS Department
Anchorage, AK