From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 28 January 2002 16:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to prevent redefining a variable with use strict?

Friends,

When we use strict pragma, is there a way to "prevent" redefining a
variable?

use strict;
my ($i) = 5;            # $i defined
print ("Val of i = $i");
my ($i)         = 6;            # $i redefined?Could this be tagged as an
error?
print ("Val of i = $i");

Thanks,
Rex

This E-mail is confidential.  It should not be read, copied, disclosed or
used by any person other than the intended recipient.  Unauthorised use,
disclosure or copying by whatever medium is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error please contact the
sender immediately and delete the E-mail from your system.