On Jan 31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>I have a simple hash with directory names as keys and sizes as values. I
>would like to print the hash, in descending order of the size of each
>directory.

  # this sorts your keys based on their values, descending
  @keys = sort { $hash{$b} <=> $hash{$a} } keys %hash;

>I was contemplating of "reversing" the hash(so that sizes become keys and
>directory names become values) and then do a sort on the keys. However, this
>approach would not work if two directories have the same sizes, as that
>would "flatten" the keys list!

Reversing the hash is more work than it's worth, as you've found out.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
RPI Acacia brother #734   http://www.perlmonks.org/   http://www.cpan.org/