    Naveen> What are the differences between Perl and CGI? Can I simply rename
    Naveen> Perl files to .CGI and use them?

    "What is the difference between a car and the road?"
    "Can I simply call my car a road and drive on it?"

    Naveen> What is the crossover from Perl to CGI?

    "What connects the car to the road?"

Perl is a programming language.  CGI is a defined interface between a
web server and a process to handle form responses or (less frequently)
server-side includes.

They're not comparable or interchangable, any more than apples and
apple stores are comparable.