Dear Friends,

I am faced with a dilemma related to a website I am in the process of
redesigning.  I have a number of pages which have extensive javascript to
control my drop-down menues.  The thing is I have modified this section
after creating all the pages for the site because I added more pages.
Now, instead of going to each page to change my headers, what would you
advise to achieve this dynamically.  Options I am considering:
a. Reading all the files in the HTML directory and making the changes
using regular expressions (like /text beginning/../text end/ to capture
the old code and replace with the new code).
b.  Using HTML templating (which I've never used before!)
I tried using server side includes directives but my code goes beyond
contents in the body tag (everything in between the <head> ... </head>
tag and some code in the body tag!)  Poor design I guess!  My Internet
provider refuses to install mod_perl or any of the magical tools for
dynamic HTML generation on their server.
Anybody has encountered a problem like this?  Any advice, leads will be
very much appreciated.

Rashid