Hi all,

        I am having some problems and I can't seem to get it right.  In short, I
want to only modify text in a specific section.  That section is denoted by
the following
<snip>
*DESCRIPTION

<multiple line of text to be edited>

*END
<snip>

Here is what I have.  I know the problem, I am reading this line by line so
when I find the DESCRIPTION I drop into the loop, but because I still have
DESCRIPTION obviously I won't search and replace.

open (RUNSET, $FLOW) || die "Can't access $FLOW[0][1]\n";
while (<RUNSET>) {
  if ($_ =~ m/DESCRIPTION/){
    print "Entering description block";
    until ( $_ =~ m/END\.){
      print "Entering until";
#     next if /;/     # Remove Comments
      s/^\ INDISK\s+=.*/  INDISK        = $FILENAME     ; SMK /;
      s/^\ PRIMARY\s+=.*/ PRIMARY       = $CELLNAME     ; SMK /;
  print TEMPFLOW "$_";
#  push @runset, $_ ;
}

I know there must be a way to do this.  I know I could get messy by using a
flag, but I'm sure there is a better way.  Would anyone mind helping me out
on this?

Thanks

--

 Steven M. Klass