From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 13 February 2002 15:42
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Printing values from hashes

Hi I am new to hashes....
Can somebody tell me why I can print $KEY but not $VALUE?

#!/usr/local/bin
open(GROUP, "/etc/group") || die "Cannot open:$!\n";
while(<GROUP>)  {
        ($KEY,$gpass,$ggid,$VALUE) = split(/:+/);
        $HASH{$KEY} = "$VALUE";
        print "the users in Group $KEY are $VALUE\n";

Thanks in Advance

Jaime Hourihane
CDC-IXIS
212.891.1935

This E-mail is confidential.  It should not be read, copied, disclosed or
used by any person other than the intended recipient.  Unauthorised use,
disclosure or copying by whatever medium is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error please contact the
sender immediately and delete the E-mail from your system.