From: Anthony LaBerge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: February 13, 2002 6:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Will not Work on the Server.

I'm having a little trouble getting this simple test file to run on a
server.

printer.pl

1~ #!/usr/bin/perl
2~
3~ $postfile = 'posts.fil';
4~ open(INFO, "<$postfile" );
5~ @PostLines = <INFO> ;
6~ close(INFO) ;
7~ print "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Post Tester</TITLE></HEAD>\n";
8~ print "<body>\n";
9~ foreach $line (@PostLines)
10~ {
11~ print " $line ";
12~ }
13~ print "</body></HTML>\n";

and the posts.fil

1~ This is a test document. I'm just testing,
2~ and i'll even throw in a " oooo.
3~ lets see if that works.

When I run it through the comand line (typing 'printer.pl')
it puts out:
1~ <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Post Tester</TITLE></HEAD>
2~ <body>
3~ This is a test document. I'm just testing,
4~ and i'll even throw in a " oooo.
6~ lets see if that works.
7~ </body></HTML>
When I put it on the server (in ascii mode) it does not work, and gives
me an error, I made sure the command line is right, and even added the -
- like the error asks, but it does not work either way. What's wrong?

here's a link to the file as it is on the server.
http://www.labant.net/printer.pl