Hi all, I'm trying to figure this out, I'd appreciate any help.

I have an application that I am using a perl script to do pattern matching
and then execute commands specific to that application.  I need a way to
handle an error in my script if one of the `cmd blah`; doesn't work and send
it to an error subroutine.

Here's what I have now:
<SNIPPED>

sub subscription
 {
($passed_ep,$passed_pr$passed_sub,$passed_org,$passed_plat)=shift;

  #add error routine to handle if PR/PM doesn't exist -pass to
exception_sub?
   `wsub \@ProfileManager:Staging \@Endpoint:$passed_ep`;
   `wln \@Endpoint:$passed_ep \@PolicyRegion:$passed_pr\.$passed_org`;
   `wsub \@ProfileManager:$passed_sub\.$passed_org\.$passed_plat\.ep
\@Endpoint:$passed_ep`;
   # on error pass ($ep,$pr,$sub,$org,$plat)
 }

sub exception_sub
  {
  ($passed_ep,$passed_pr$passed_sub,$passed_org,$passed_plat)=shift;
  `wsub \@ProfileManager:Exceptions \@Endpoint:$passed_ep`;
  print AFTERLOG "$passed_ep cannot go to $passed_org - Check PR
Structure\n";
  }

I tried:

`wsub \@ProfileManager:Staging \@Endpoint:$passed_ep` ||