I have old perl code, but it still does what it needs to, and is currently
being used.
Now I need to make changes to the code, (about once every 4 months).
Over time we all code better -- learning better ways to write things,
clearer ways to write code, write more comments.
Note: I haven't started using strict or -w yet... soon hopefully with my new
programs.

Do I rewrite all the code?
Do I just chuck in the changes and hope for the best?
Do I cut 'n' paste what I know works (ie subroutines [poorly written]) and
change the rest?

I know when I have to look at someone else's script most of the time I say,
"If you want me to maintain it then I should have written it in the first
place" and then I rewrite all the code.

Any suggestions? (I hope I didn't open a can o' worms).

Nikola Janceski

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
-- Groucho Marx