From:                   "Daniel Falkenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Just wondering if any one has seen this error before when installing a
> Active Perl Module.  I have RTFM.  I have run...
>
> c:\ppm
>
> then...
>
> PPM>install HTML-TableExtract.ppd
>
> but then I recieve the following error...
>
> Error installing package 'HTML-TableExtract.ppd': Error reading
> ../MSWin32-x86-mu
> lti-thread/HTML-TableExtract.tar.gz
>
> Now HTML-TableExtract.tar.gz is in the current working DIR.  I don't
> see why it would use a *.tar.gz file when I download the file from
> Activestate and I am installing it on a Windows machine?

PPM told you it looks for file
        ../MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/HTML-TableExtract.tar.gz
so just go one level up, create directory MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
and put the .tar.gz there :-)

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
                                        --- me