In my humble opinion, it doesn't make sense to break up the script that
generates the form and the one that validates it.  Its hard enough to
maintain an application without having to worry about two scripts in two
different languages for something as simple as presenting and validating
a form.

You have access to all the form validation you should need using PHP.
 PHP supports both POSIX and Perl style regular expressions.  You can
find information about regular expressions in PHP at http://www.php.net

If you are simply looking for an excuse to bring perl into a project,
then you should consider rewriting your form with perl, unless you have
some grudge against the poor soul who will have to maintain the code.  ;-)

- Johnathan