I can't figure out the terminology for what I want to do. I have searched my
resources for what I think it is with no luck.

Here's what I want.

I want the script to login to a web site. The website will redirect to
another site with a session id in the url. I need to parse the session id
out of the url so I can use it in future communications. I have tried
searching for "parse Url" and a manual search for terms that I think might
apply. Any help or leads anyone can provide will be appreciated.

David Gerler
Gerler Enterprises
PO Box 16357
Chesapeake VA 23328