From: Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >   $newsocket[$i] = IO::Socket::INET->new("$address") or die $@;
>
> How are you declaring "newsocket"?  I would probably decare it as
> "local" rather than as "my". Worth a try anyway.  Unfortunately I
> can't try it here. Thanks, Smiddy

Please don't. The rule of thumb should be :

        Always use "my".
        Only use "local" if either ... you need to localize a builtin
        variable that cannot be "my"ed, or if you really really really
        know what the heck are you doing.

Jenda

P.S.: I believe the original problem was resolved already. If not,
please repost.

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
                                        --- me