From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 10:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Uninitialized Value Error

When I run the following script, I get the following
error.  Being new to perl, I am having trouble
identifying where the error is at.

Thanks for your help.

Error:
Use of uninitialized value at user_access1.pl line 43,
<F_ACCESS> chunk 29.

Here is the code:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

use constant PATH
=> "/usr/local/scripts/security/sybase/user/";
use constant GROUPS => "group_files.doc";
use constant ACCESS => "user_access_all.doc";

open F_GROUPS, PATH.GROUPS    or die "Can't open:  $!";

while (<F_GROUPS>) {
    chomp(my @field = split /:/);
    my $field1 = $field[0];
    my $field2 = $field[1];
    my $field3 = $field[2];

    open OUT, ">$field[1]"  or die "Can't open:  $!";
    open F_ACCESS, PATH.ACCESS    or die "Can't open:
$!";

    while (<F_ACCESS>) {
        chomp ();
        my $user = $_;
        if (/$field[0]/) {
            write OUT;}
           }
    close OUT                   or die "Can't close:
$!";
    close F_ACCESS              or die "Can't close:
$!";

#unlink
glob "/usr/local/scripts/security/sybase/user/*.txt";
exit;
}

format OUT_TOP =

Company Name
first column        second column               Third
Column
format OUT =
my $field1,          my $field2,                     my
$field3