Scott E Svendsen [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>
*>I am currently running perl 5.6.0, I am trying to install 5.6.1 with the
*>-Dusethreads option enabled.
*>
*>I have read the install file, and followed it to the letter, except using:
*>sh Configure -Dusethreads
*>
*>Then I answer all the questions it gives me and says it is installed.
*>Except there is no indication it did anything.  Doing a perl -v gives me
*>the same old version.  Doign a search doesnt turn up any new 5.6.1
*>folders.

You probably need to type 'make' to build it, 'make test' to check it and
'make install' to install it. If these don't look familiar I can guarantee
you didn't install it.

http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_install_Perl_source

e.