You also might want to consider using a c-wrapper.  In this case a c-wrapper
is a c program that call's your perl script.  You compile that program and
make the resulting executable setuid.  This is a more secure (albeit slightly)
way to do setuid with perl (or any interpreted language for that matter).  For
implementation details see 'perldoc perlsec' on your system.

            Gary

Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:

> Ansh Kanwar [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
> *>
> *>I am trying to compile a program which needs suidperl. What option do I
> *>specify while compiling from source so that suidperl can be built?
> *>
> *>I am compiling stable-5.6.1 on a Solaris 8 machine.
>
> sh ./Configure -ders
>
> make
> make test
> make install
>
> I would highly recommend reading the perlsec manpage as suidperl can create
> bigger problems than the ones it solves.
>
> e.
>
> --

Gary Ebert                            Manager Network Operations
Voice:     (301) 428-2100 X2115       Comtech Mobile Datacom Corporation
Fax:       (301) 428-1004             19540 Amaranth Drive
Mobile:    (301) 332-4930             Germantown, MD  20875-2126