meyersac [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>I am designing and creating an image gallery for a class.  I
*>am having users upload images, but I need the ability resize
*>these uploads, and save them, for the use in thumbnails,
*>using ImageMagick (PERL) but I have no clue where to start.
*>I am invisioning that this would be accomplished on the
*>server side. I am writing the pages in both HTML and
*>Coldfusion tags.  If anybody could help, I'll be greatly
*>appreciative.

http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col29.html for thumbnails
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col33.html for web gallery

As much as I hate to give Randal's ego any more help, after an extensive
search through the web late last year his is the best simple flexible
little photo album thingy out there. All you need is modperl apache and a
few other apps.

http://www.imagemagick.org/ and
http://stein.cshl.org/~lstein/

will have a lot of useful resources.

Also, a perl conference is coming to WU later this year that you might
attend since it's just down the road from SLU. See
http://www.yapc.org/America/ for more details. Usually there's at least
one of the perl grahics geeks in attendence.

Salutations to Fr. Beyondme :)

e.