Why wouldn't you just download the module from CPAN and then install it in
your ActiveState Perl directory?  Are there modules out there that don't
work at all with ActiveState?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave K
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 3/3/02 11:55 PM
Subject: Re: cygwin/activestate/linux

I have found ActiveState to be the 'easiest' in most cases but when I
want
to do something fun or interesting I often find the module that I need
is
not available for the ActiveState distribution. Cygwin is fun, but CPAN
is
sometimes frustrating though it is sometime the only place to get a
required
module (CPAN is infact straight forward I just have not taken the time
get proficient with it). So ... I opted to do both (but it turned out to
be
not too complicated!). At first I wrote a begin block to modify the @INC
array to direct perl to the ActiveState lib when required. Then I wrote
simple package that did the same thing (and returned a true value). Not
quite the best of both worlds, but closer.

"Tyler Cruickshank" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
Hi, I hope this question isnt too ridiculous.

Ive been using perl for a year or so on various platforms (Sun/UNIX,
linux,
NT-cygwin, Active State).  Do people recommend ActiveState over cygwin
for
the NT system - how about ActiveState on Linux?  Not being a "system"
guru
Id like to use the simplist environment on which to add modules and run
perl.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

-tyler