Hi,

I believe it is possible to access an array through a variable, but I'm
ghaving trouble doing it.
I want to read in a text file and display it, on line at a time, depending
on an
increment counter triggered by a 'next' or 'previous' button.

I am trying to do this with Perl/Tk, but it fails to work, only displaying
the initial line of the text file:

This is the definition of the variable

        $line=$array[$num];

$num is incremented elsewhere with the click of the button.

This is the attempt to display the variable on screen.

$txtmain->configure(-textvariable => \$line,
        .....);

I know that the incrementing is successful because replacing $line with $num
as the -textvariable gives the right output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis Warren