I am attempting to modify a large existing set of scripts.  All of these
scripts use dbmopen/close to create databases.

when a database record is created and the key contains multiple
words/variablels i.e. $DATABASE{"How" , "Are", $You} = $value whenever I
output the key to html it prints the windows "unknown" chacter between ea of
the words/variables.

Does anyone know what this character is so that I can s// is out and display
the keys properly? When I output the key => value it looks like this....
how[]are[]you = value
when I s/[^\w]// the problem goes away however I'd rather not use this
method because I have no idea what the keys will be...  they might contain
non-word characters and then they would be eliminated as well.

Jay